No thanks or maybe thank you to the leak prior to its release, the ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ teaser breaks 24-hour all-time record for most global views!
· The official Spider-Man: No Way Home teaser trailer broke the 24-hour all-time record for most global views with 355.5 million trailer views, eclipsing the previous record holder, Avengers: Endgame, which drove 289 million views.
· This is more than double that of the second trailer for Spider-Man: Far From Home, which hit 135 million views at the 24-hour mark.
· Globally, the teaser trailer generated the largest 24-hour social media conversation volume of all-time with 4.5 million mentions.
o In the US, the trailer generated 2.91 million mentions in 24-hours, ahead of Avengers: Endgame’s 1.94 million mentions. In fact, in just 12-hours, Spider-Man: No Way Home’s teaser generated 1.96 million mentions.
o Spider-Man: No Way Home’s domestic chatter far exceeds that of the second Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer, which generated 1.5 million mentions.
o Internationally, the trailer generated 1.56 million mentions in 24-hours, ahead of Avengers: Endgame’s 1.38 million mentions.
· The teaser trailer was launched out of Sony Pictures’ CinemaCon presentation in Las Vegas on Monday, August 23 (LA Time)
· Spider-Man: No Way Home will debut exclusively in movie theaters soon.
· In 2019 Columbia Pictures’ Spider-Man: Far From Home, the sequel to Spider-Man: Homecoming ($881.47 million WW box office in 2017), became the studios highest-grossing film of all time, taking in over $1.13 billion at the global box office.
About Spider-Man: No Way Home
For the first time in the cinematic history of Spider-Man, our friendly neighborhood hero is unmasked and no longer able to separate his normal life from the high-stakes of being a Super Hero. When he asks for help from Doctor Strange the stakes become even more dangerous, forcing him to discover what it truly means to be Spider-Man.
Directed by Jon Watts. Written by Chris McKenna & Erik Sommers. Based on the MARVEL Comic Book by Stan Lee and Steve Ditko. Produced by Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal. Executive Producers are Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, JoAnn Perritano, Rachel O’Connor, Avi Arad and Matt Tolmach. The film stars Tom Holland, Zendaya, Benedict Cumberbatch, Jon Favreau, Jacob Batalon, with Marisa Tomei.
Spider-Man: No Way Home will be distributed in the Philippines by Columbia Pictures, local office of Sony Pictures Releasing International. Connect with #SpiderManNoWayHome