October 20, 2022 – The Walt Disney Company (Southeast Asia) Ltd. announced today that it is expanding access to its highly anticipated streaming service, Disney+, to the Philippines from November 17, 2022. Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and TV shows from Disney’s iconic brands including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, and National Geographic and Star.
With Disney+ available soon in the Philippines, consumers will be able to enjoy an ever-growing library of global, regional and Asian language content such as blockbuster films from the Marvel Cinematic Universe to award-winning Pixar animation, to Korean content featuring BTS and other top Asian stars, under the Star brand.
Star also features thousands of hours of general entertainment content produced by Disney Television Studios (ABC Signature and 20th Television), FX Productions, 20th Century Studios, Searchlight Pictures and more. Star offers renowned movies and shows such as Emmy-award winning Grey’s Anatomy, Only Murders in The Building, Dopesick, The Bear, The Simpsons and The Kardashians. In addition, Star will offer exclusive originals produced in collaboration with producers and directors in the Asia Pacific region.
“Through Disney+, we are opening new doors of entertainment to everyone with our heritage of unparalleled storytelling, creative excellence and cutting-edge content delivery.” said David Shin, Senior Vice President and Managing Director, Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong, The Walt Disney Company. “We are excited that consumers in the Philippines can soon connect with their beloved characters and brands and enjoy access to some of the world’s most original and iconic stories, told by the world’s most talented creators.”
More choices than ever before
From next month, consumers in the Philippines can join the Disney+ streaming service with the introduction of a new range of subscription plans that will deliver more choices than ever before. The expanded line-up of plans will offer viewers flexibility with different subscription options to suit their needs including:
- A Mobile Plan for ₱159 monthly or ₱1,150 annually
- A Premium Plan for ₱369 monthly or ₱2,950 annually
Disney+ Entertainment Experience
Disney+ will be accessible on a wide selection of mobile and televisions subject to users’ chosen subscription plans, including smartphones and tablets (Android or iOS), smart TVs such as Samsung and LG and connected TV devices including Google TV and other Android TV OS, Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD, and Chromecast.
Based on their chosen subscription plans, consumers will be able to access high-quality viewing, with up to four concurrent streams available only with the premium plan, personalized recommendations, and the ability to create up to seven different user profiles per account.
Entertainment for Everyone
Starting from November 17, subscribers will be able to unlock an exciting and ever-growing library of content on Disney+ including:
- Disney+ Originals and exclusives like Marvel Studios’ WandaVision, She-Hulk: Attorney at Law, Moon Knight and Loki; Lucasfilm’s The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Andor; Hocus Pocus 2 and the upcoming Willow and Disenchanted
- Korean content such as Big Mouth, Snowdrop, BTS: PERMISSION TO DANCE ON STAGE – LA, IN THE SOOP : Friendcation, Soundtrack #1 and Doctor Lawyer
- Blockbuster films from Marvel Studios including Avengers: Endgame, Avengers: Infinity War, Captain Marvel, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Black Panther, Thor: Love and Thunder, and the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special
- All 12 Star Wars movies including Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Access to iconic Walt Disney Animation Studios’ movies including the Oscar-winning Encanto, the live action reimagining of Pinocchio, as well as animated classics including Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Frozen, Mulan, Raya and the Last Dragon, The Lion King, Zootopia and more
- Heartwarming and powerful storytelling from Disney and Pixar, including Lightyear, Turning Red, Soul, Luca, Coco, and more
- Documentaries and specials from National Geographic including Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted, Limitless with Chris Hemsworth, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, and more
- A specially curated Star content selection including Emmy Award® winning series Grey’s Anatomy, Dopesick, NCIS and reality TV hits The Kardashians and more
- Other movies from franchises including the X-Men, Predator, Night at the Museum, Home Alone, and well-loved animated series like The Simpsons and Family Guy
- Premium live events and video-on-demand from World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE)
- The newest season of Emmy award-winning singing competition series, The Voice
For more information, visit www.DisneyPlus.com
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise that includes Disney Parks, Experiences and Products; Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution; and four content groups—Studios, General Entertainment, Sports and International—focused on developing and producing content for DTC, theatrical and linear platforms.
Disney+ is the dedicated streaming home for movies and shows from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and Star, along with The Simpsons and much more. The service offers an ever-growing collection of exclusive originals, including feature-length films, documentaries, live-action and animated series, and short-form content. With unprecedented access to Disney’s long history of incredible film and television entertainment, Disney+ is also the exclusive streaming home for the newest releases from The Walt Disney Studios. For more, visit disneyplus.com, or find the Disney+ app on select compatible mobile and connected TV devices.