Now on its third year, together with the UP Cinema Arts Society (UP CAST) as their media partner, we present Kape’t Pelikula. An initiative of the UP Cinema Arts Society to give back to people sharing a common enthusiasm for film and the growing consciousness of a true Philippine Cinema.
It is a seminar that will gather the country’s influential and distinguished film practitioners to speak in front of today’s film community to give a scope of their creative processes, cultivating a community of filmmakers and enthusiasts.
Previous speakers include Jerrold Tarog, Dan Villegas, and Nick Deocampo.
The event will be held on April 1, 2017, from 9am to 4pm, at the GT Toyota Auditorium, Asian Center, University of the Philippines Diliman, Quezon City.
Last year’s successful event featured Writer-Editor-Director Jerrold Tarog, Cinematographer-Director Dan Villegas, Producer Bianca Balbuena and film critic Oggs Cruz. This year the speakers included are
- Giancarlo Abrahan (Writer of I’m Drunk, I Love You, Director of Dagitab)
- Raymond Red (Writer/Director of Anino, Palme d’Or – Best Short Film, and Kamera Obskura)
- John Torres (Director of Lukas Nino and C1 Originals 2016’s People Power Bombshell: The Diary of Vietnam Rose)
- Babyruth Villarama (Director of MMFF 2016 Best Picture Sunday Beauty Queen)
- Moira Lang (Writer of QCinema 2016’s Patay na si Hesus, Lav Diaz’s Norte: Hangganan ng Kasaysayan, Milan)
- Samantha Lee (Writer/Director of C1 Original 2016’s Baka Bukas)
They will share with you their experiences in the film industry over a cup (or bottle!) of coffee.
Doors open at 8:30 AM. ADMISSION IS FREE so feel free to SIGN UP HERE: http://tinyurl.com/kapetpelikula2017
Check out a video recap of what happened at Kape’t Pelikula 2016: