THE CCP and Cinemalaya Foundation Inc. announces the finalists for the Short Film Category of the 2019 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival.
From 168 submitted entries, the selection committee, composed of Nick Deocampo, Teddy Co, Milo Sogueco, Alvin Yapan and Law Fajardo, narrowed down the list and confirmed the 10 finalists.
The 10 finalists are:
- ‘Wag Mo Kong Kausapin by Josef Gacutan
- Disconnection Notice by Glenn Lowell Averia
- Gatilyo by Harold Lance Pialda
- Heist School by Julius Renomeron Jr.
- Hele ng Maharlika (Lullaby of the Free) by Norvin de los Santos
- Kontrolado ni Girly Ang Buhay Niya by Gilb Baldoza
- Sa Among Agwat (In Between Spaces) by Don Senoc
- Sa Gabing Tanging Liwanag ay Paniniwala by Francis Amir Guillermo
- Shoemaker by Sheron Dayoc
- Tembong (Connecting) by Shaira Advincula.
Now on its 15th year, the 2019 Cinemalaya Philippine Independent Film Festival will be on August 2 to 11, 2019.