Jirisan, iQiyi Original Korean drama series starring Gianna Jun and Ju Ji-hoon, and created by director Lee Eung-bok (Descendants of The Sun, Guardian: The Lonely and Great God) and writer Kim Eun-hee (Signal, Kingdom), has drawn fans the world over to unravel its mysteries. Continuing in a tense episode tonight (Nov 6th), Gianna Jun is set to come face to face with the bombing suspect, while Ju Ji-hoon is in an intense, action-packed chase. Team member Ju Min-gyung’s fate remains to be seen after venturing alone up Jirisan, where danger lurks all around with no let up on the action. In addition, popular idol group BTS’ Jin sings the main theme song for Jirisan, of which its snippet will be unveiled at the end of the end of episodes 5 and 6.
- At the village meeting star park ranger Seo Yi-gang (Gianna Jun) meets the bombing suspect with five scratch marks on the back of his hand, in what will be a tense confrontation. Separately, the trailer of the fifth episode saw a suspicious person send a message saying, “Someone discovered our business,” suggesting there may be accomplices behind the perils on Jirisan.
- Ju Ji-hoon will be in plenty of action scenes and revealed he had worked hard for it physically. He cycled personally to various shoot locations and said, “Although the process was very tiring, I experienced charms different from the route up the mountain.” In addition to building his fitness, Ju worked hard at playing the spirit-like form of his character Kang Hyun-jo. He said, “These scenes had to be delivered through my eyes and expression, rather than lines. To avoid exaggeration or a lack of emotion, I focused on seeking the right expression.”
- Ju Min-gyung plays Lee Yang-sun, the park ranger team’s administrative executive who realised in shock there may be ‘potato bombs’ in her grandfather’s home while seemingly keeping an unspeakable secret. Seeking verification, Lee ventured up Jirisan alone and left the park ranger team searching for her. Fans will be worried for Ju Min-gyung’s safety.
- To uncover the mystery behind the murders, park rangers Gianna Jun, Ju Ji-hoon and Oh Jung-se, together with police officer Jun Suk-ho, race against time to investigate Jirisan. As the latest trailer hinted, “Of the three bombs that disappeared, one is yet to be found,” suggesting an undetonated explosive remains and no one can let up.
- Korean idol group BTS member Jin sings the main theme song for the OST of Jirisan, of which a snippet will be unveiled in the trailers at the end of episodes 5 and 6. Jirisan production studio AStory and MOST Contents announced, “The main theme song by Jin will feature in specific scenes to amplify viewers’ immersion in the story. Please look forward to it.” Jin also announced on artiste-to-fan social platform Weverse, “Please love Jirisan a lot, I will watch too!”
Jirisan follows the team of national park rangers who are responsible for search and rescue on Jirisan. Experienced ranger (played by Gianna Jun) and rookie ranger (played by Ju Ji-hoon) are set to unravel the secrets of the peak. The iQiyi Original K-series exclusively simulcasts with Korea at 8pm every Saturday and Sunday on iQiyi International app or iQ.com worldwide.